The General Body of DBF-YaR.
The General Body of DBF-YaR consists of the following members:
a. The provincial in charge of the Young at Risk sector who acts as the liaison between the SPCSA and DBF-YaR.
b. The South Asian Delegate for Youth animation.
c. The DBF-YaR Executive Secretary;
d. The Two joint secretaries
e. Members of the Provincial Commissions for the Young at Risk.
Governing Body of DBF-YaR
The Governing Body of DBF-YaR comprised the following:
a. The South Asian Delegate of DBYA, who is the Chairperson
b. The Executive Secretary
c. The two Joint Secretaries
d. The Provincial Coordinators of YaR
e. The Provincial of New Delhi, who acts as liaison between the SPCSA Council and the DBF-YaR.
Functions of the DBF-YaR General Body
- The DBF-YaR General Body ordinarily meets once a year.
- To be a forum for reflection, study and exchange of ideas in matters pertaining to the Salesian ministry for the young at Risk at provincial, national and regional level.
- To propose plans and strategies for creating a more effective ministry for the Young at Risk in all Salesian settings at regional, national, provincial and local level.
- To draw up its annual plan and to propose it to the SPCSA for approval.
- To propose every three years, three names to the SPCSA Council from among whom the SPCSA may appoint one as the Executive Secretary and three more names from among whom the two joint secretaries may be appointed.
- Normal decisions are arrived at by a simple majority. The qu9orum is one-third of the official General Body members. As a rule, voting is done by show of hands. A secret ballot could be had at the request of any member, who passes a motion, which is seconded by another member.
Functions of the DBF-YaR Governing Body
- The Governing Body ordinarily meets once a year.
- It deals with all those matters entrusted to it by the General Body and ensures the implementation of activities taken up by the annual general body.
- It functions as the animating nucleus for Salesians in South Asia in matters related to the Young at Risk.
- It is the decision making body of DBF-YaR and finalizes projects and details the annual action plan to be presented to the SPCSA.
- Ordinarily decisions are arrived at by a simple majority. The quorum will be one-third of the official governing body members comprising the Chairperson and the Executive Secretary. As a rule, voting is done by show of hands. A secret ballot could be had at the request of any members, who passes a motion, which is seconded by another member.