Nature of work/YaR Forum approach
- Our approach is that of accompaniment, taking the first step, meeting the young at whatever state of freedom she/he is in, and walking with her/him in her/his struggle to grow to the fullness of life and humaneness.
- Ours is a preventive presence that provides a positive environment by negating the causes and structures of evil, exploitation and marginalization and by growth generating experiences and transformative action.
- Our preventive system is a process of growth for the young as well as the adult, both interacting with each other, growing and helping to grow, and is based on the inner powers of reason, love and spiritual depth.
- The process of growth for the Young at Risk covers all the dimensions of the human person and calls for a ministry that is total and well planned. This process is achieved through education so as to heal and empower every young person at risk, and enable this person to enter into society and be fully integrated into the communities with the necessary knowledge, values and skills.
- We create a family environment and a community setting where communion and sharing predominate.
- We work towards the transformation of society, its values. attitudes, and philosophy of life so as to achieve a civilization of love and culture of solidarity.
- The task of the South Asia Forum for the Young at Risk (YaR) is that of assisting YaR Centres
- To ensure priority for the Young at Risk, especially for the most needy ones in their neighborhood.
- To evolve a way of life, attitudes and action plans based on this priority
- and to build communion and empowered communities therein and in every neighborhood. YaR, as a platform of like-minded organizations and individuals, will assist them to carry forward this same task into each of their areas of operation and into their environments.